Sunday, July 20, 2008

Welcome to 419 Laughs

Ok I'll admit - its probably very tasteless to develop a blog around 419 Scams but this is one of those things that I've been wanting to do for ages.

For those who don't know, a 419 Scam is often linked to Nigerians and basically involves a person receiving an e-mail from "a dear friend" who would like to drop a gazillion or so dollars into your account... All they need is a couple of bucks from you to "facilitate" the transaction.

For more info please check out www.419eater.com to see some of the stories.

Anyways, one of the things that always amazes me is the sheer creativity that some of these authors come up with when crafting their letters to prospective marks. I'm going to be using this blog to post some of the most outrageous ones I receive and poke a little fun at the weirdos who write them...

No comments: